Parks & Rec FAQs


  • Is there a Des Moines resident discount?

    As of January 1, 2010 our Recreation Programs have a Resident Discount Fee and a Non-Resident Fee. The Resident Discount Fee reflects the fee charged to Des Moines residents living within the jurisdictional boundary based on policy established by the City of Des Moines.

    To qualify for the Resident Discount, you must be able to provide verification of residency within Des Moines. Acceptable forms of verification are valid picture ID with a Des Moines address or valid picture ID accompanied by a utility bill with a Des Moines address. Failure to provide acceptable verification will result in the Non-Resident Fee being charge. If you have questions related to residency, please call (206) 870-6527. 

  • What is your inclement weather policy?
    In case of inclement weather (i.e. snow, flooding, power outages), Highline and Federal Way School District's procedures will be followed. If Highline and Federal Way schools are closed, all City of Des Moines Recreation programs will be cancelled. If schools are two (2) hours late, all classes and activities scheduled to begin before 11:00am will be cancelled All other programs will be held as scheduled. If the Highline and Federal Way Schools are one (1) hour late, or have announced limited transportation, all programs will be held as scheduled. If an evening or weekend program is in question, please call (206)870-6527.
  • How can I check the ballfield conditions?

    Do you have a game or practice on one of our fields and it is raining? Call our Ballfield Conditions Line to check the status of your field! (206) 870-6597.