- Feature Links
- Permit Center
LIMITED COUNTER SERVICE
STAFF TRAINING TO SERVE YOU BETTER
Monday and Tuesday, October 1-2, 2018
On October 1 and 2 the Permit Center will not be accepting over-the-counter permit applications, business license applications, or building permit submittals. City Hall will remain open for other business.
You will still be able to apply online for RESIDENTIAL Re-Roof, Electrical, Mechanical and Plumbing permits at mypermits.desmoinewa.gov
We also encourage you to schedule your inspections online as well.
- apply for - residential re-roof/electrical/plumbing/mechanical permit | right-of-way permit
- check the status of an existing permit - building (BLD) permits | engineering (ENG) permits
- schedule an inspection - building (BLD) permits | engineering (ENG) permits
- view scheduled inspections - building (BLD) permits | engineering (ENG) permits
ApplicationsPermit applications are accepted and permits are issued between the hours of 8:00 am and 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday. You are encouraged to arrive prior to 4:00 pm to allow sufficient time to process your application. Staff is available to answer questions only until 4:30 pm when the doors close for business.
- Building Permits - Application and informational handouts for building, electrical, mechanical, plumbing, demolition and fire prevention permits.
- Sign Permits - Application and informational handouts relating to the requirements and restrictions for business signage.
- Land Use Permits - Application and informational handouts for land use permits including site plan review, environmental review, critical areas review, subdivisions, shoreline permits, etc.
- Construction Codes - Codes adopted by the City of Des Moines.
- Inspection Instructions - Contact information and how to call in inspections.
- Parcel Numbers - Property parcel numbers can be found by using the city's GIS maps, searching King County's Parcel Viewer, or calling the Permit Center at (206) 870-7576.
- Records Requests - If you would like information on a past or current project, you can submit a Public Record Request.
- Right-Of-Way Permits - Application and informational handouts relating to the requirements for right-of-way permits.
- Transportation Impact Fees - Fee schedule and informational handouts relating to the transportation impact fee program.