- Feature Links
- Permit Center
PLANNING, BUILDING AND PUBLIC WORKS BUILDING CLOSURE
March 17, 2020
As a precautionary measure, and consistent with King County, State and County Department of Health and the Highline School District, the City is taking every precaution to limit the exposure and protect the citizens, the City and its staff. For these reasons the following City Facilities will be closed until further notice:
PLANNING, BUILDING & ENGINEERING SERVICES
Doors will be closed Tuesday, March 17, 2020.
Planning/zoning, engineering and general inquiries will be answered via phone or email:
Planning/Zoning: firstname.lastname@example.org (206) 870-7576
Building: email@example.com (206) 870-7576
To schedule an inspection: http://www.desmoineswa.gov/180/Schedule-an-Inspection:
Please note: the City is suspending inspections in ALL occupied buildings. We are scheduling inspections for new construction, or empty buildings only. Our inspection schedule may continue to be impacted.
Fix-It Form https://www.desmoineswa.gov/FormCenter/City-Forms-3/Fix-It-Form-35
We will be re-evaluating these procedures as new information becomes available, please check the website for the latest information.
All Building, Development and Engineering Services fees will increase effective January 1, 2020.
CREDIT CARD PAYMENTS
There will be a 3.5% service fee on all credit card transactions effective January 1, 2020.
- apply for - residential re-roof/electrical/plumbing/mechanical permit | right-of-way permit
- check the status of an existing permit - building (BLD) permits | engineering (ENG) permits
- schedule an inspection - building (BLD) permits | engineering (ENG) permits
- view scheduled inspections - building (BLD) permits | engineering (ENG) permits
ApplicationsPermit applications are accepted and permits are issued between the hours of 8:00 am and 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday. You are encouraged to arrive prior to 4:00 pm to allow sufficient time to process your application. Staff is available to answer questions only until 4:30 pm when the doors close for business.
- Building Permits - Application and informational handouts for building, electrical, mechanical, plumbing, demolition and fire prevention permits.
- Sign Permits - Application and informational handouts relating to the requirements and restrictions for business signage.
- Land Use Permits - Application and informational handouts for land use permits including site plan review, environmental review, critical areas review, subdivisions, shoreline permits, etc.
- Construction Codes - Codes adopted by the City of Des Moines.
- Inspection Instructions - Contact information and how to call in inspections.
- Parcel Numbers - Property parcel numbers can be found by using the city's GIS maps, searching King County's Parcel Viewer, or calling the Permit Center at (206) 870-7576.
- Records Requests - If you would like information on a past or current project, you can submit a Public Record Request.
- Right-Of-Way Permits - Application and informational handouts relating to the requirements for right-of-way permits.
- Transportation Impact Fees - Fee schedule and informational handouts relating to the transportation impact fee program.